Last updated 24th May 2011
plantdatabase.co.uk is owned by Plant Database Ltd., registered in Ireland number 477995.
Plant Database respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same.
It is Plant Database’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to lock the accounts of users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Plant Database and/or others.
Information and images
You must have the right to upload any information. You must have taken photos yourself, or own their copyright and have the right to distribute them on the internet.
You will always own the copyright to the images uploaded to Plant Database (providing you had the right to upload them in the first place). This is linked to you by your screen name in your account. By uploading images, you agree to allow Plant Database to store these on its servers and to allow others access to them at Plant Database. Your image will never be sold or licensed nor distributed in any other way.
Each user grants Plant Database Ltd. a license to use the content supplied by each such user for the purposes of disclosure on the Plant Database website.
Each user expressly authorises Plant Database Ltd. to modify content in order to conform to the interface or display requirements. These rights are granted throughout the world and for the entire term of this agreement. The user is prohibited from copying, reproducing or otherwise using the content relating to other users of the Plant Database web site for any purpose other than for those purposes strictly related to personal use.
Unless otherwise stated Plant Database Ltd. owns the information, content, graphics, images, navigation buttons, trademarks, service marks and logos contained on this website ("the Content") which are protected by copyright, trademark, database, right and other intellectual property laws to the fullest extent permissible, whether in Plant Database Ltd.'s name, or otherwise.
You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, disseminate, sell, distribute, publish, broadcast, circulate or commercially exploit the Content in any manner without the express written consent of Plant Database Ltd.
You are granted a personal limited licence to view the Content electronically for personal use only; to save the Content to your individual storage medium and to print such extracts from the Content as are necessary for such use ("the extracted material") provided that all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notifications are not interfered with.
You may recopy the extracted materials to individual third parties for their personal use only provided the following obligations are adhered to:
- That Plant Database is acknowledged as the source of the extracted material, such acknowledgement to include the Plant Database website URL.
- That anything that is copied, is copied in a complete and unmodified form.
- This limited recopying licence shall in no circumstances permit the incorporation of any of the extracted materials or the content or any part of it in any other work or publication house wherever published.
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations and Agent for Notice.
THIS PROCESS IS FOR COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY MATTERS ONLY. Correspondence regarding other matters will not be responded to. For reports of abuse or errors click here.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to :
Plant Database Limited,
8 Cameron Square,
Please provide us with the following information (your "Notice"):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Plant Database website, with enough detail that we may find it (in most circumstances, we will need a URL);
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
In some circumstances, in order to notify the account holder who provided the allegedly infringing content to which Plant Database Ltd. has locked access, Plant Database Ltd. may forward a copy of a valid Notice including name and email address to the account holder.
If you are planting Clematis on a trellis, why not plant 2 different cultivars. These can be cultivars which flower at the same time to contrast colour or form, or they can be an early and late cultivar to extend your season.
- Suggest your own Tidbit